I’m on a lonely journey
following in the footsteps
of those who have traveled this lonely road before me.
the road is narrow
with many forks
distracting me from my dreams.
I follow in the footsteps of greatness
Their foot prints too large
like a child learning to walk
feeling my way through the darkest parts of my soul
Yet I will stay true to my dream
never again leaving the path
inner fears will not stifle me
though I travel this road alone..
- A Poem by Nikki Giovanni (grownupforeal.com)
- Ina Hughs: Black writers saluted (knoxnews.com)
- Words of wisdom… (eturner7215.wordpress.com)
- The Negro Speaks Of Rivers: Langston Hughes (clara54.wordpress.com)
- An Interview with Poet, Activist Nikki Giovanni (chicagonow.com)
- “Hold fast to your dreams, for without them life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.” Langston Hughes (tumbsup.wordpress.com)