Today I have been trying to paint my dining room, (to no avail). Update my website, www.GiftzNGadgetz.com (partial check) Plant flowers (check) and cook dinner (check) and baked a applesauce spice cake (see recipe below). I have also been contacting Authors to feature on my blog. What I haven’t done yet today is the one thing that brings me the most joy, writing. Ok so I did submit a small piece for 6S but other than they I have not made any progress on my novel, or the poem a day challenge in days. My only excuse is that…. well actually I have no excuses I have been off work for the last two days. Does thinking about writing count? I guess not. While I was landscaping my yard and painting my hours and cooking my family a fabulous dinner it dawned on me what all of these things have in common with my desire to write…..They are all an extension of my creative self. I have just not but enough time into the creative writing. Well at least now I have identified the problem.
I have one completed 1st draft of a YA scifi/fantasy novel, and an almost complete 1st draft of my detective series. My life is full of almost, and half dones. For once I would like to see a project through to completion. I leave for Arizona on May 15th. I am making that my new deadline for finishing my novel. Give me strength, give me inspiration, give me earplugs so I can block out the choas around me called life.
Applesauce spice cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Sift together 1 3/4 cup of flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1tsp baking soda, 1 tsp cinnamon , 1/2 tsp cloves and set aside
2. Cream together 1 stick soften butter and 1 cup white, or packed brown sugar.
3. Add 1 egg to butter mixture until well mixed
4. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture until batter is smooth.
5. Add 1 cup raisin and one cup or chopped nuts or dates
6. Add 1 cup of sweetened applesauce, ( I used the cinnamon flavored store brand)
Pour batter into a greased tube pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes. This recipe produces a moist and flavorful cake. I don’t like nuts in mine so I omitted them but play around with it and make this recipe yours. I am enjoying a piece with my morning cup of tea. YUM!