Enter the Al Blanchard Award contest for a chance to win
$100, publication in THIN ICE, crime fiction anthology, and admission to the Crime Bake Conference to be held November 12-14th, 2010. The Deadline to enter the contest is April 30th 2010, which is free to enter and you may submit up to two short stories no more than 5k words each.
- Story must be a crime story by a New England author or with a New England setting.
- Story must be previously unpublished (in print or electronically).
- Story must not be more than 5,000 words in length.
- Story may include the following genres: mystery, thriller, suspense, caper, and horror. (No torture/killing of children or animals.)
- Send your submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type “Al Blanchard Award” in subject line. (Without it, attachments will not be opened).
- Include your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address, as well as your story title and word count in the main body of your e-mail.
- Send your story as an attachment in Word format, double-spaced.
- We will promptly acknowledge the receipt of your submission. The attachment will be coded to insure anonymity and be sent on to the judges. Therefore, your name should not appear anywhere in the attachment.
- There is no entry fee.
- Limit of two stories per person.
- Deadline for submission is April 30, 2010.
Visit http://www.crimebake.org/Al.htm for more information.
I have to get to busy writing, you should too!